A Tale of Two Teddies

by 21stcenturymummy on June 22, 2010

A light-hearted post today…

Bookmark and Share

I’d like you to meet my 2 year old’s favourite teddy. He has a very original name – Teddy. He’s cute, super fluffy (well he used to be) and adorable. She’s had him from birth but only became attached to him when she was 11 months old, because I bear the thought of her being on her own at nursery and wanted her to have something to cuddle. He is a very good substitute for Mummy! She especially loves playing with his ears, takes him to nursery and he helps her sleep. He’s a very well travelled teddy too and can include the Maldives, Egypt, France, Spain and Switzerland on his list of places he’s been lucky enough to visit. Teddy is very loyal, a good listener and excellent at comforting!

Body-double

Teddy has been lost on a few occasions, but we usually have a body double, who has sometimes, with great stealth on our part, had to take up the full-time role of favourite teddy. Thankfully she’s been none the wiser. If Teddy gets left somewhere, we usually manage to persuade her he has gone on holiday to the beach, until we can next get our hands on him.

Too clever for her own good, not so long ago (and much to our dismay), the 2 year old found a spare one and now goes to bed with both of them, although thankfully she’s not as attached to him. Here they are together.

And this is what Teddy should look like – a sparkly white looking original ‘Arthur Bear’ as he is called. He’s from The Little White Company.

Arthur Bear

Anyone else got a Teddy Tale to share?

Bookmark and Share

sweetbabylula June 22, 2010 at 9:27 am

awww that is so sweet. My daughter used to have a pink bear called Twinky, we lost her in town one day and ended up buying a shiny new replacement, daughter wasn’t phased at all, she just called her Twinkytoo!

Lydia Coupon June 24, 2010 at 1:35 am

That is so great! Two of my three kids have critters that they need to sleep with and there is just no replacing them. So we are veeeerrrrryyy careful with Piggy and NightNightKitty.

scribblingmum June 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm

We have a ‘stinky rabbit’ in our house. Well, we have six. Baby P sucks the ears to go to sleep, or when she feels in need of a little comfort. I have visions of her starting school with stinky rabbit’s ears in her mouth. But I love it really….

Angela July 24, 2010 at 3:23 am

My little guy has a giraffe with a very identifiable hole where his tail fell off and where he sticks his hand inside. It is disgusting but I am afraid to wash it lest it fall apart

21stcenturymummy July 27, 2010 at 10:18 am

I’m like that with my 2 year old’s teddy. It’s filthy!

nick February 6, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Hi I know its a long shot but our little boy is never without Arthur but we only have the one
and as you’ve guessed LWC don’t make them anymore
Do you still a spare bear
If you do i’d be happy to make an offer

thanks

n

Kathy D April 4, 2014 at 5:21 am

My 17mth old boy has the exact same “Teddy” which was given to him while we were still in hospital after having him by a beautiful friend who travels to London regularly. This morning he’s insisted on taking Teddy to daycare! You can imagine my horror! I tried persuading him, distracting him and even just taking Teddy but it resulted in tears! So, the daycare teachers have been asked (told) that as soon as they can prize Teddy off Master 17months, they are to pop him in his daycare bag!

admin April 15, 2014 at 9:46 pm

My daughter first got attached to her teddy as I gave one to her to take with her when she first started nursery. It’s nice for them to have something familiar with them. My youngest daughter isn’t attached to any of her teddies!