My Little Secret – I've Got A Bump

by 21stcenturymummy on December 2, 2010

I’ve been talking about 2 hugely exciting things that were potentially happening in my life, the two things I have been wanting and fighting for, for the past couple of years. The first is our move to Singapore which at last is happening, so now for the second…
3 months ago I started writing (but never published) a post with the title ‘All I want is a BFP’ and another one ‘If I scream will it make me feel better’. After 3 miscarriages, surgery for Asherman’s Syndrome (scarring of the uterus cause by D&Cs) and then not getting pregnant for a few months, I was getting impatient and beginning to despair. We’ve definitely had more than our fair share of bad luck. Some people were even saying that perhaps it’s not meant to be, that I should give up trying and be happy with the one gorgeous and beautiful daughter I had. Even I was beginning to doubt whether it would ever happen, thinking we should give up.
But, something kept driving me on, something that had kept me going through the heartache, that would keep me going, even if there was more ahead. The desire for a second child comes deep from within me, it’s something primal, a powerful natural instinct, and I have no control over it – I never imagined I’d be like that! With my first I wondered if I even had a maternal instinct.
Just after I started writing the post, I got a BFP and I am happy to say I’m now 15 weeks pregnant. It’s been a hard and stressful road getting here, and it already feels like I have been pregnant for 6 months, not 3! But, so far so good.
So, not only are we off to Singapore, I’m going to be a mummy again. Hurray!

Kate December 2, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Huge congratulations. I never had any problems conceiving but I am well aware that that makes me a very lucky person indeed, particularly considering my age (39 and 40 when I conceived). I am so glad your story has a happy ending!

Kate December 2, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Kate December 2, 2010 at 7:02 pm

mummyfiles December 2, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Huge congratulations to you. I had to wait a while (although not as long as you) to conceive again, so can relate to the heartache every time your P arrives.
But you’ve done it, well done for not giving up x

mummyfiles December 2, 2010 at 8:06 pm

But you’ve done it, well done for not giving up x

mummyfiles December 2, 2010 at 8:06 pm

But you’ve done it, well done for not giving up x

Naomi Richards December 3, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Congratulations. I am so pleased for you. A new baby and a new life in another country. Well done for persisting.

Naomi Richards December 3, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Naomi Richards December 3, 2010 at 4:29 pm

marketingtomilk December 3, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Simply wonderful news. congrats. what an exciting chapter of your lives opening up.

M2Mx

21stcenturymummy December 4, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments. x

marketingtomilk December 3, 2010 at 7:14 pm

M2Mx

21stcenturymummy December 4, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments. x

marketingtomilk December 3, 2010 at 7:14 pm

M2Mx

21stcenturymummy December 4, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments. x

angelsandurchinsblog December 6, 2010 at 12:55 am

I doubt you’ve ever had a better Christmas present! Very many congratulations.

joana December 7, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I saw the link for your blog on the Ashermans forum. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I too have been thinking to write a post about this on my blog and have not yet managed… I share exactly the same feelings and I’m not ready yet to give up on bearing a second child… Its a struggle… I wish you all the best!!!

admin December 7, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I just looked at your blog, sadly don’t understand much of it. It is a struggle, but there’s hope too, when you hear about the success stories. Good luck! x

Alexa December 7, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Yay!! Congratulations!!!

Mummy's Little Monkey (@Jax2000) December 12, 2010 at 12:08 am

Hi there!

Huge congrats on your BFP (I had to look that up by the way!) I think we met other day at the BMB Xmas lunch… searching outside for the venue!?! Hope I’ve got the right blogger. If yes, how is your little girl? That was a heck of a bump she had on her head!!! Hope the trip to see Santa cheered her up… x

admin December 26, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Hi, don’t think I replied – yes I remember meeting you, it’s nice to put a face to a blog! She was fine, although still has a bump a few weeks on. x

Lavonne Trevino December 26, 2010 at 1:18 am